Accumulo stickers or t-shirts?

Tony Kurc-2
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had ever designed and printed either stickers or
t-shirts (or other cool stuff) for Apache Accumulo. I am likely to head to
a conference soon and would like to have some things for trading and/or
giveaways for the project. If there were some things that are already
designed that are already "blessed" by the project, that would be awesome.
If there aren't, do you all have a process for someone vetting a proposed
design?

Tony

Re: Accumulo stickers or t-shirts?

David Medinets
I used a local -shirt shop a few years ago to make my unique shirt.
Basically used the Accumulo logo on the front. Then put some bullet points
on the back. I wore it to a few Accumulo conferences.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 12:52 PM, Tony Kurc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone had ever designed and printed either stickers or
> t-shirts (or other cool stuff) for Apache Accumulo. I am likely to head to
> a conference soon and would like to have some things for trading and/or
> giveaways for the project. If there were some things that are already
> designed that are already "blessed" by the project, that would be awesome.
> If there aren't, do you all have a process for someone vetting a proposed
> design?
>
> Tony

Re: Accumulo stickers or t-shirts?

Josh Elser
IIRC, as long as you have PMC approval and you're not profiting off of
the swag, it's ok from the ASF point of view. I can't find ASF
trademarks documentation on it at the moment, however.

On 3/11/18 12:52 PM, Tony Kurc wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone had ever designed and printed either stickers or
> t-shirts (or other cool stuff) for Apache Accumulo. I am likely to head to
> a conference soon and would like to have some things for trading and/or
> giveaways for the project. If there were some things that are already
> designed that are already "blessed" by the project, that would be awesome.
> If there aren't, do you all have a process for someone vetting a proposed
> design?
>
> Tony

Re: Accumulo stickers or t-shirts?

Christopher Tubbs-2
The relevant trademarks page can be found here:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/merchandise
To request permission to use a particular, instructions are provided here:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/merchandise#permission