Algorithm or Data Structure Used for Selecting Next Record when Merging rfiles

Algorithm or Data Structure Used for Selecting Next Record when Merging rfiles

Jeff Kubina
Could someone tell me the algorithm or data structure used for selecting
the next record when merging a set of rfiles, or where in the code base the
operation occurs? Thanks.

Re: Algorithm or Data Structure Used for Selecting Next Record when Merging rfiles

Keith Turner
MultiIterator[1] which is a HeapIterator[2] is used to merge rfiles.

[1]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/c99a22387bfe3f2de93c6a27727d7b38054a699b/core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/iterators/system/MultiIterator.java
[2]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/c99a22387bfe3f2de93c6a27727d7b38054a699b/core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/iterators/system/HeapIterator.java