Bulk Import with bad Column Visibility

Mike Miller-2
Found something interesting while helping a user find a file that was bulk imported with a bad Column Visibility.  I was about to write it off as "well if you ingest data with a bad CV then you won't be able to get it back" but it looks like validation was added to prevent bulk import with invalid CV in ACCUMULO-360[1].  Validation was added to AccumuloFileOutputFormat but I don't see recent versions using AccumuloFileOutputFormat during bulk import.

I did some bulk imports with a CV of "A|B|" using Uno across different versions:
1.6 - Rfile imported, throws server error on scan
1.7 - Rfile imported, scan only returns rows with valid visibility but does not throw error
1.9 - Rfile imported, scan only returns rows with valid visibility but does not throw error

I attached the stacktrace, which only shows up in 1.6.

Has anyone ran into this issue before?  Perhaps this validation was removed for performance reasons?

stacktrace.txt (3K) Download Attachment