[DISCUSS] 1.8.2

ivan bella
Is it time to consider talking about tagging a 1.8.2 release?

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.8.2

Keith Turner
I Am in favor of that after I finish fixing ACCUMULO-4669

> Is it time to consider talking about tagging a 1.8.2 release?

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.8.2

Michael Wall
Mike Miller has 2 tickets in progress and the issue Keith mention is the
only blocker I saw.   Once those are complete, I am in favor of a 1.8.2
release.  I am happy to do the release again and continue as the 1.8
release manager.  I am also happy to help someone else do that.  It is a
patch release, but we typically still run the continuous ingest testing.
Christopher, do we still have resources to do that?

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:34 PM Keith Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I Am in favor of that after I finish fixing ACCUMULO-4669

> > Is it time to consider talking about tagging a 1.8.2 release?

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.8.2

Mike Miller
The only one I have open for 1.8.2 is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4662. I will look around for
any more spots in the code that need to be fixed but I think its pretty
much done.

Was this the other ticket you were talking about Mike?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4342. Its currently assigned
to you.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mike Miller has 2 tickets in progress and the issue Keith mention is the
> only blocker I saw.   Once those are complete, I am in favor of a 1.8.2
> release.  I am happy to do the release again and continue as the 1.8
> release manager.  I am also happy to help someone else do that.  It is a
> patch release, but we typically still run the continuous ingest testing.
> Christopher, do we still have resources to do that?
>
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:34 PM Keith Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I Am in favor of that after I finish fixing ACCUMULO-4669
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 2:16 PM, ivan bella <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > > Is it time to consider talking about tagging a 1.8.2 release?

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.8.2

Michael Wall
You are correct Mike, my mistake.  I was looking at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ACCUMULO/versions/12339245.  Click
the "issues in progress".  Thanks for keeping me honest.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:46 AM Mike Miller <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The only one I have open for 1.8.2 is
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4662. I will look around
> for
> any more spots in the code that need to be fixed but I think its pretty
> much done.
>
> Was this the other ticket you were talking about Mike?
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4342. Its currently
> assigned
> to you.
>
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Mike Miller has 2 tickets in progress and the issue Keith mention is the
> > only blocker I saw.   Once those are complete, I am in favor of a 1.8.2
> > release.  I am happy to do the release again and continue as the 1.8
> > release manager.  I am also happy to help someone else do that.  It is a
> > patch release, but we typically still run the continuous ingest testing.
> > Christopher, do we still have resources to do that?
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 5:34 PM Keith Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > I Am in favor of that after I finish fixing ACCUMULO-4669

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.8.2

Christopher Tubbs-2
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/295 is likely a blocker bug, but I
don't really know the full implications of the breakage to the replication
system. It is currently marked under Mike Miller's ACCUMULO-4662, rather
than a separate issue.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:57 AM Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You are correct Mike, my mistake.  I was looking at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ACCUMULO/versions/12339245.  Click
> the "issues in progress".  Thanks for keeping me honest.
>
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:46 AM Mike Miller <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > The only one I have open for 1.8.2 is
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4662. I will look around
> > for
> > any more spots in the code that need to be fixed but I think its pretty
> > much done.
> >
> > Was this the other ticket you were talking about Mike?
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4342. Its currently
> > assigned
> > to you.
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Mike Miller has 2 tickets in progress and the issue Keith mention is
> the
> > > only blocker I saw.   Once those are complete, I am in favor of a 1.8.2
> > > release.  I am happy to do the release again and continue as the 1.8
> > > release manager.  I am also happy to help someone else do that.  It is
> > > patch release, but we typically still run the continuous ingest
> testing.
> > > Christopher, do we still have resources to do that?

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.8.2

Josh Elser
Given my current understanding (captured in my most recent comment), I
don't think it's a blocker. It doesn't cause any incorrectness in the
system, just unnecessary work in a rare case (active master switches)

If Mike has the time to dig into it some more, vetting some of the cases
that I outlined wouldn't be a bad idea, but it's not a release blocker.