[DISCUSS] 1.9.2 release

Sean Busbey-6
heya folks,

Our DRAFT board report for this month ( https://s.apache.org/AYwm ) mentions:

> Another bug has been found in the WAL process and a 1.9.2 is in the
works.

I don't see anything on dev@accumulo around 1.9.2. Is someone already acting as RM?

How do I figure out what, if any, issues remain as blockers for this release? I don't see any github projects or milestones; is it things open with the 1.9.2 label?

i.e.

https://github.com/apache/accumulo/labels/v1.9.2

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.9.2 release

Michael Wall
Sean,

That link has the things I have been roughly tracking.  When we moved to
github, I failed to watch to watch the github project and had unsubscribed
from [hidden email] so I was not tracking anything for a while.  Not
sure if anyone is doing RM, maybe Christopher.

Mike

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 4:20 PM Sean Busbey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> heya folks,
>
> Our DRAFT board report for this month ( https://s.apache.org/AYwm )
> mentions:
>
> > Another bug has been found in the WAL process and a 1.9.2 is in the
> works.
>
> I don't see anything on dev@accumulo around 1.9.2. Is someone already
> acting as RM?
>
> How do I figure out what, if any, issues remain as blockers for this
> release? I don't see any github projects or milestones; is it things open
> with the 1.9.2 label?
>
> i.e.
>
> https://github.com/apache/accumulo/labels/v1.9.2

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.9.2 release

Christopher Tubbs-2
My time is limited this week due to work-related training. So, I do not
have any current plans to act as RM for 1.9.2 this week, but if it's ready
and nobody else volunteers, I'm happy to pick up the task... could do an
RC1 as early as tomorrow evening.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 5:40 PM Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sean,
>
> That link has the things I have been roughly tracking.  When we moved to
> github, I failed to watch to watch the github project and had unsubscribed
> from [hidden email] so I was not tracking anything for a while.  Not
> sure if anyone is doing RM, maybe Christopher.
>
> Mike
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 4:20 PM Sean Busbey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > heya folks,
> >
> > Our DRAFT board report for this month ( https://s.apache.org/AYwm )
> > mentions:
> >
> > > Another bug has been found in the WAL process and a 1.9.2 is in the
> > works.
> >
> > I don't see anything on dev@accumulo around 1.9.2. Is someone already
> > acting as RM?
> >
> > How do I figure out what, if any, issues remain as blockers for this
> > release? I don't see any github projects or milestones; is it things open
> > with the 1.9.2 label?
> >
> > i.e.
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/accumulo/labels/v1.9.2

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.9.2 release

I forgot to label https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/546

I think that PR is ready to merge, but if anyone else wants to take a
quick look at the changes it would be appreciated.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 4:20 PM, Sean Busbey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> heya folks,
>
> Our DRAFT board report for this month ( https://s.apache.org/AYwm ) mentions:
>
>> Another bug has been found in the WAL process and a 1.9.2 is in the
> works.
>
> I don't see anything on dev@accumulo around 1.9.2. Is someone already acting as RM?
>
> How do I figure out what, if any, issues remain as blockers for this release? I don't see any github projects or milestones; is it things open with the 1.9.2 label?
>
> i.e.
>
> https://github.com/apache/accumulo/labels/v1.9.2

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.9.2 release

Christopher Tubbs-2
I reviewed it once already and it looks good to me... but I'll let others
have a chance at it. If it's merged by Wed. evening and nobody else has
stepped up, and if there's no other 1.9.2 blockers, I'll do an RC1.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:43 AM Keith Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I forgot to label https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/546
>
> I think that PR is ready to merge, but if anyone else wants to take a
> quick look at the changes it would be appreciated.
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 4:20 PM, Sean Busbey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > heya folks,
> >
> > Our DRAFT board report for this month ( https://s.apache.org/AYwm )
> mentions:
> >
> >> Another bug has been found in the WAL process and a 1.9.2 is in the
> > works.
> >
> > I don't see anything on dev@accumulo around 1.9.2. Is someone already
> acting as RM?
> >
> > How do I figure out what, if any, issues remain as blockers for this
> release? I don't see any github projects or milestones; is it things open
> with the 1.9.2 label?
> >
> > i.e.
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/accumulo/labels/v1.9.2

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.9.2 release

Christopher Tubbs-2
I didn't see any blockers, so I'm going to bump the last two issues marked
for 1.9.2 and roll an RC1. If one of them becomes a blocker, I can abort
RC1 and do an RC2 tomorrow.

The remaining two in question were:
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/issues/497
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/issues/547