[DISCUSS] any blockers on current release lines?

[DISCUSS] any blockers on current release lines?

Sean Busbey-6
Here's how we're doing on lag for releases:

* branch-1.7, last maintenance release March 25th 2017, 9 issues marked done, no blockers
* branch-1.8, last maintenance release Feb 26th 2017, 14 issues marked done, no blockers
* master, last minor release September 6th 2016, last major release May 2014, 80 issues marked done, 3 things marked blocker

Anyone know of any other blockers on releases right now?

Folks have time for a discussion about wether or not we should keep things currently marked blocker as blocker?

Re: [DISCUSS] any blockers on current release lines?

Christopher Tubbs-2
Link to issues, by release branch:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ACCUMULO?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 3:09 PM Sean Busbey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's how we're doing on lag for releases:
>
> * branch-1.7, last maintenance release March 25th 2017, 9 issues marked
> done, no blockers
> * branch-1.8, last maintenance release Feb 26th 2017, 14 issues marked
> done, no blockers
> * master, last minor release September 6th 2016, last major release May
> 2014, 80 issues marked done, 3 things marked blocker
>
> Anyone know of any other blockers on releases right now?
>
> Folks have time for a discussion about wether or not we should keep things
> currently marked blocker as blocker?

Re: [DISCUSS] any blockers on current release lines?

Sean Busbey
Right, I believe we'd be pushing out any non-completed issues to a
future release. Presumably if any of those TODOs required waiting for
a release they'd be marked blocker, or someone here would have them in
mind?

busbey

Re: [DISCUSS] any blockers on current release lines?

Christopher Tubbs-2
Usually such discussions are in the context of an anticipated release. Are
you planning to champion a release soon? I'd be in favor of a maintenance
release or two.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 4:57 PM Sean Busbey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Right, I believe we'd be pushing out any non-completed issues to a
> future release. Presumably if any of those TODOs required waiting for
> a release they'd be marked blocker, or someone here would have them in
> mind?
>
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Link to issues, by release branch:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ACCUMULO?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 3:09 PM Sean Busbey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Here's how we're doing on lag for releases:
> >>
> >> * branch-1.7, last maintenance release March 25th 2017, 9 issues marked
> >> done, no blockers
> >> * branch-1.8, last maintenance release Feb 26th 2017, 14 issues marked
> >> done, no blockers
> >> * master, last minor release September 6th 2016, last major release May
> >> 2014, 80 issues marked done, 3 things marked blocker
> >>
> >> Anyone know of any other blockers on releases right now?
> >>
> >> Folks have time for a discussion about wether or not we should keep
> things
> >> currently marked blocker as blocker?

> busbey

Re: [DISCUSS] any blockers on current release lines?

Michael Wall
I've got one maybe two for 1.8, but right now jira seems funky.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO is going to some Accumulo
Hackathon 2016 kanban board.  Any know anything about that.  I'll look
again tonight and try to find those tickets

I have been wanting to talk about the tickets in general and how many are
currently open.  Many haven't been looked at in some time and just get
moved from "next release" to "next release".  I'll wait until this
discussion is done though.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:22 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Usually such discussions are in the context of an anticipated release. Are
> you planning to champion a release soon? I'd be in favor of a maintenance
> release or two.
>
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 4:57 PM Sean Busbey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Right, I believe we'd be pushing out any non-completed issues to a
> > future release. Presumably if any of those TODOs required waiting for
> > a release they'd be marked blocker, or someone here would have them in
> > mind?
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Christopher <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > > Link to issues, by release branch:
> > >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ACCUMULO?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page

> marked
> May

> > things
> > >>

> > --
> > busbey

Re: [DISCUSS] any blockers on current release lines?

Michael Wall
I have one (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4615) but it is
not a blocker, so nevermind.

Anyone jira savvy know what's up with the landing page for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ACCUMULO.  For me, it goes to a
kanban board Billie created for an Accumulo Hackathon in 2016.  I don't
really care where the landing page page, I just think it shouldn't be some
from 2016.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:37 PM Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've got one maybe two for 1.8, but right now jira seems funky.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO is going to some Accumulo
> Hackathon 2016 kanban board.  Any know anything about that.  I'll look
> again tonight and try to find those tickets
>
> I have been wanting to talk about the tickets in general and how many are
> currently open.  Many haven't been looked at in some time and just get
> moved from "next release" to "next release".  I'll wait until this
> discussion is done though.
>
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:22 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Usually such discussions are in the context of an anticipated release. Are
>> you planning to champion a release soon? I'd be in favor of a maintenance
>> release or two.
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 4:57 PM Sean Busbey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Right, I believe we'd be pushing out any non-completed issues to a
>> > future release. Presumably if any of those TODOs required waiting for
>> > a release they'd be marked blocker, or someone here would have them in
>> > mind?

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ACCUMULO?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page

>> marked
>> marked
>> May

>> > things
>> > >>

>> > --
>> > busbey

Re: [DISCUSS] any blockers on current release lines?

Josh Elser
If Sean doesn't have the time, I probably need to circle around and
accrue some more "positive release karma" for myself. Seems like there's
nothing explicitly marked as required now.

Any "wants" that people have in the pipeline? Explicit (JIRA id) or
exploratory (wanted to look at $x before a release).

On 6/13/17 2:22 PM, Christopher wrote:

> Usually such discussions are in the context of an anticipated release. Are
> you planning to champion a release soon? I'd be in favor of a maintenance
> release or two.
>
> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 4:57 PM Sean Busbey <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Right, I believe we'd be pushing out any non-completed issues to a
>> future release. Presumably if any of those TODOs required waiting for
>> a release they'd be marked blocker, or someone here would have them in
>> mind?
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Link to issues, by release branch:
>>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ACCUMULO?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page

>> things
>>>>

>> --
>> busbey

Re: [DISCUSS] any blockers on current release lines?

Billie Rinaldi-2
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 5:10 AM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have one (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-4615) but it is
> not a blocker, so nevermind.
>
> Anyone jira savvy know what's up with the landing page for
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ACCUMULO.  For me, it goes to a
> kanban board Billie created for an Accumulo Hackathon in 2016.  I don't
> really care where the landing page page, I just think it shouldn't be some
> from 2016.

I noticed this with YARN as well; the default YARN page goes to some random
kanban board now. I guess they must have changed some default setting for
the entire JIRA. I am not sure which setting, so we'll have to look into it.

> On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:37 PM Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've got one maybe two for 1.8, but right now jira seems funky.
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO is going to some Accumulo
> > Hackathon 2016 kanban board.  Any know anything about that.  I'll look
> > again tonight and try to find those tickets
> >
> > I have been wanting to talk about the tickets in general and how many are
> > currently open.  Many haven't been looked at in some time and just get
> > moved from "next release" to "next release".  I'll wait until this
> > discussion is done though.
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 5:22 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Usually such discussions are in the context of an anticipated release.
> Are
> >> you planning to champion a release soon? I'd be in favor of a
> maintenance
> >> release or two.

> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/ACCUMULO?
> selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page

> >> marked
> >> marked
> >> May

Re: [DISCUSS] any blockers on current release lines?

Sean Busbey
My time availability is super bursty, but yeah I was hoping to find a
gap to get a maintenance release out as a part of trying to make sure
I'm familiar with doing it across the communities I'm in.

Given that I end up with slices of time that have pretty tight bounds,
I just want to make sure there's not some known-but-untracked blocker
I'd run into after investing the time to get an RC up.

--
busbey