[DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1

[DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1

Christopher Tubbs-2
The Apache Accumulo project is pleased to announce the release of
Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1! This *alpha* release is a preview for
2.0.0 and contains numerous feature enhancements and API changes.

While this version is *not* recommended for production use, it is made
available for feedback, testing, and evaluation. Please report any issues
you find to our issue tracker[1] or discuss on our dev email list[2].

***

Apache Accumulo® is a sorted, distributed key/value store that
provides robust, scalable data storage and retrieval. With
Apache Accumulo, users can store and manage large data sets
across a cluster. Accumulo uses Apache Hadoop's HDFS to store
its data and Apache ZooKeeper for consensus.

This version is now available in Maven Central, and at:
https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/

The release notes for this alpha can be viewed at:
https://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-2.0.0-alpha-1/

[1]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo
[2]: [hidden email]

The Apache Accumulo Team

Re: [DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1

Christopher Tubbs-2
My intent was to send this email in a bit, but posted here first, just
in case anybody wants to look it over.
Not sure this alpha release should go to announce@apache, but maybe
just user@accumulo? Somebody could tweet also.
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 1:15 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Apache Accumulo project is pleased to announce the release of
> Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1! This *alpha* release is a preview for
> 2.0.0 and contains numerous feature enhancements and API changes.
>
> While this version is *not* recommended for production use, it is made
> available for feedback, testing, and evaluation. Please report any issues
> you find to our issue tracker[1] or discuss on our dev email list[2].
>
> ***
>
> Apache Accumulo® is a sorted, distributed key/value store that
> provides robust, scalable data storage and retrieval. With
> Apache Accumulo, users can store and manage large data sets
> across a cluster. Accumulo uses Apache Hadoop's HDFS to store
> its data and Apache ZooKeeper for consensus.
>
> This version is now available in Maven Central, and at:
> https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
>
> The release notes for this alpha can be viewed at:
> https://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-2.0.0-alpha-1/
>
> [1]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo
> [2]: [hidden email]

> The Apache Accumulo Team

Re: [DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1

Sounds good.
On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 1:16 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Apache Accumulo project is pleased to announce the release of
> Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1! This *alpha* release is a preview for
> 2.0.0 and contains numerous feature enhancements and API changes.
>
> While this version is *not* recommended for production use, it is made
> available for feedback, testing, and evaluation. Please report any issues
> you find to our issue tracker[1] or discuss on our dev email list[2].
>
> ***
>
> Apache Accumulo® is a sorted, distributed key/value store that
> provides robust, scalable data storage and retrieval. With
> Apache Accumulo, users can store and manage large data sets
> across a cluster. Accumulo uses Apache Hadoop's HDFS to store
> its data and Apache ZooKeeper for consensus.
>
> This version is now available in Maven Central, and at:
> https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
>
> The release notes for this alpha can be viewed at:
> https://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-2.0.0-alpha-1/
>
> [1]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo
> [2]: [hidden email]

> The Apache Accumulo Team

Re: [DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1

Mike Drob
I would not send to [hidden email]

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018, 12:35 PM Keith Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sounds good.
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 1:16 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > The Apache Accumulo project is pleased to announce the release of
> > Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1! This *alpha* release is a preview for
> > 2.0.0 and contains numerous feature enhancements and API changes.
> >
> > While this version is *not* recommended for production use, it is made
> > available for feedback, testing, and evaluation. Please report any issues
> > you find to our issue tracker[1] or discuss on our dev email list[2].
> >
> > ***
> >
> > Apache Accumulo® is a sorted, distributed key/value store that
> > provides robust, scalable data storage and retrieval. With
> > Apache Accumulo, users can store and manage large data sets
> > across a cluster. Accumulo uses Apache Hadoop's HDFS to store
> > its data and Apache ZooKeeper for consensus.
> >
> > This version is now available in Maven Central, and at:
> > https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
> >
> > The release notes for this alpha can be viewed at:
> > https://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-2.0.0-alpha-1/
> >
> > [1]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo
> > [2]: [hidden email]

> > The Apache Accumulo Team

Re: [DRAFT][ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 2.0.0-alpha-1

Michael Wall
Looks good to me Christopher, thanks for making a release in time for the
summit.  I agree with Mike about not sending to announce yet

Okay. Sounds good. I'll send it to user@ momentarily.