Draft Board Report for Oct 2017

Michael Wall-2
The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due by
Wednesday, Oct 11. Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
I plan to submit on the 11th.

Mike

----------

 - Description goes here- The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
store is a robust,
scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based
access
control and customizable server-side processing.  It is based on Google's
BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
 - The 4th annual Accumulo Summit will be held on Oct 16th in Columbia,
MD.  The
   PMC has approved the use of the Apache Accumulo trademark.

## Health report:
 - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
JIRA remain constant.

## PMC changes:
 - Currently 30 PMC members.
 - Ivan Bella was added to the PMC on Tue Jul 11 2017

## Committer base changes:
 - Currently 30 committers.
 - Ivan Bella was added as a committer on Wed Jul 12 2017

## Releases:
 - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017

## Mailing list activity:
 - Nothing significant in the figures

## JIRA activity:

Re: Draft Board Report for Oct 2017

Mike Miller
Looks good to me.

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
> reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due by
> Wednesday, Oct 11. Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
> I plan to submit on the 11th.
>
> Mike
>
> ----------

>  - Description goes here- The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
> store is a robust,
> scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based
> access
> control and customizable server-side processing.  It is based on Google's
> BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and
> Thrift.
>

> ## Issues:
>  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Activity:
>  - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
>  - The 4th annual Accumulo Summit will be held on Oct 16th in Columbia,
> MD.  The
>    PMC has approved the use of the Apache Accumulo trademark.
>
> ## Health report:
>  - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
> JIRA remain constant.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>  - Currently 30 PMC members.
>  - Ivan Bella was added to the PMC on Tue Jul 11 2017
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>  - Currently 30 committers.
>  - Ivan Bella was added as a committer on Wed Jul 12 2017
>
> ## Releases:
>  - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017
>
> ## Mailing list activity:
>  - Nothing significant in the figures
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>  - 43 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
>  - 36 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: Draft Board Report for Oct 2017

Josh Elser
Need to strike the "-Description goes here-".

Otherwise, pretty dry report, but I guess there really wasn't much to
report either.

On 10/9/17 9:58 AM, Michael Wall wrote:

> The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
> reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due by
> Wednesday, Oct 11. Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
> I plan to submit on the 11th.
>
> Mike
>
> ----------

>   - Description goes here- The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
> store is a robust,
> scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based
> access
> control and customizable server-side processing.  It is based on Google's
> BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.
>

> ## Issues:
>   - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Activity:
>   - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
>   - The 4th annual Accumulo Summit will be held on Oct 16th in Columbia,
> MD.  The
>     PMC has approved the use of the Apache Accumulo trademark.
>
> ## Health report:
>   - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
> JIRA remain constant.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>   - Currently 30 PMC members.
>   - Ivan Bella was added to the PMC on Tue Jul 11 2017
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>   - Currently 30 committers.
>   - Ivan Bella was added as a committer on Wed Jul 12 2017
>
> ## Releases:
>   - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017
>
> ## Mailing list activity:
>   - Nothing significant in the figures
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>   - 43 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
>   - 36 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: Draft Board Report for Oct 2017

I think it would be useful to report that we have new contributors.

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
> reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due by
> Wednesday, Oct 11. Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
> I plan to submit on the 11th.
>
> Mike
>
> ----------

>  - Description goes here- The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
> store is a robust,
> scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based
> access
> control and customizable server-side processing.  It is based on Google's
> BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.
>

> ## Issues:
>  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Activity:
>  - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
>  - The 4th annual Accumulo Summit will be held on Oct 16th in Columbia,
> MD.  The
>    PMC has approved the use of the Apache Accumulo trademark.
>
> ## Health report:
>  - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
> JIRA remain constant.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>  - Currently 30 PMC members.
>  - Ivan Bella was added to the PMC on Tue Jul 11 2017
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>  - Currently 30 committers.
>  - Ivan Bella was added as a committer on Wed Jul 12 2017
>
> ## Releases:
>  - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017
>
> ## Mailing list activity:
>  - Nothing significant in the figures
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>  - 43 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
>  - 36 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: Draft Board Report for Oct 2017

Michael Wall
Thanks Josh, Thanks Keith, Thanks Mike

So here is what I have currently.  Will be sending shortly

---

 - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value store is a robust,
scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based
access
control and customizable server-side processing.  It is based on Google's
BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
 - There were 3 new contributors added since the last report, and 3 during
the prior quarter.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 5:43 PM Keith Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think it would be useful to report that we have new contributors.
>
> On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
> > reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due by
> > Wednesday, Oct 11. Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
> > I plan to submit on the 11th.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > ----------

> >  - Description goes here- The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed
> key/value
> > store is a robust,
> > scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based
> > access
> > control and customizable server-side processing.  It is based on Google's
> > BigTable design and is built on top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and
> Thrift.
> >

> > ## Issues:
> >  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
> >
> > ## Activity:
> >  - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
> >  - The 4th annual Accumulo Summit will be held on Oct 16th in Columbia,
> > MD.  The
> >    PMC has approved the use of the Apache Accumulo trademark.
> >
> > ## Health report:
> >  - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git
> and
> > JIRA remain constant.
> >
> > ## PMC changes:
> >  - Currently 30 PMC members.
> >  - Ivan Bella was added to the PMC on Tue Jul 11 2017
> >
> > ## Committer base changes:
> >  - Currently 30 committers.
> >  - Ivan Bella was added as a committer on Wed Jul 12 2017
> >
> > ## Releases:
> >  - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017
> >
> > ## Mailing list activity:
> >  - Nothing significant in the figures
> >
> > ## JIRA activity:
> >  - 43 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
> >  - 36 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Draft Board Report for Jan 2018

Michael Wall-2
The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due
by Wednesday, Jan 10. Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
I plan to submit on the 9th.

Mike

----------

  - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
  store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that
  features cell-based access control and customizable server-side
  processing.  It is based on Google's BigTable design and is built on
  top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:
  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
  - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
  - There were 4 new contributors added since the last report.
  - Community is discussing a 1.9 release instead of going from 1.8 to 2.0.
  The release of Hadoop 3.0 and how Accumulo will support it started the
  discussion.

## Health report:
  - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
  JIRA remain constant.

## PMC changes:
  - Currently 30 PMC members.
  - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017

## Committer base changes:
  - Currently 30 committers.
  - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017

## Releases:
  - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017

## Mailing list activity:
  - Nothing significant in the figures

## JIRA activity:

Re: Draft Board Report for Jan 2018

Mike Miller-2
If that wasn't in the last report, you could mention the Accumulo Summit.
I think the fact a company sponsored the summit, people presented and
attended shows a healthy project. Other than that looks good.

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:38 PM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
> reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due
> by Wednesday, Jan 10. Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
> I plan to submit on the 9th.
>
> Mike
>
> ----------

>   - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
>   store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that
>   features cell-based access control and customizable server-side
>   processing.  It is based on Google's BigTable design and is built on
>   top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.
>
> ## Issues:
>   - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Activity:
>   - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
>   - There were 4 new contributors added since the last report.
>   - Community is discussing a 1.9 release instead of going from 1.8 to 2.0.
>   The release of Hadoop 3.0 and how Accumulo will support it started the
>   discussion.
>
> ## Health report:
>   - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
>   JIRA remain constant.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>   - Currently 30 PMC members.
>   - No new committers added in the last 3 months
>   - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>   - Currently 30 committers.
>   - No new committers added in the last 3 months
>   - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017
>
> ## Releases:
>   - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017
>
> ## Mailing list activity:
>   - Nothing significant in the figures
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>   - 60 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
>   - 61 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: Draft Board Report for Jan 2018

Mike Walch-2
Could mention an Accumulo tour was created for the website
https://accumulo.apache.org/tour/

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:38 PM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
> reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due
> by Wednesday, Jan 10. Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
> I plan to submit on the 9th.
>
> Mike
>
> ----------

>   - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
>   store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that
>   features cell-based access control and customizable server-side
>   processing.  It is based on Google's BigTable design and is built on
>   top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.
>
> ## Issues:
>   - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>
> ## Activity:
>   - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
>   - There were 4 new contributors added since the last report.
>   - Community is discussing a 1.9 release instead of going from 1.8 to 2.0.
>   The release of Hadoop 3.0 and how Accumulo will support it started the
>   discussion.
>
> ## Health report:
>   - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git and
>   JIRA remain constant.
>
> ## PMC changes:
>   - Currently 30 PMC members.
>   - No new committers added in the last 3 months
>   - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017
>
> ## Committer base changes:
>   - Currently 30 committers.
>   - No new committers added in the last 3 months
>   - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017
>
> ## Releases:
>   - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017
>
> ## Mailing list activity:
>   - Nothing significant in the figures
>
> ## JIRA activity:
>   - 60 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
>   - 61 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: Draft Board Report for Jan 2018

Billie Rinaldi
How about the Accumulo docker image?

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Mike Walch <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could mention an Accumulo tour was created for the website
> https://accumulo.apache.org/tour/
>
> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:38 PM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
> > reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due
> > by Wednesday, Jan 10. Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
> > I plan to submit on the 9th.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > ----------

> >   - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
> >   store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that
> >   features cell-based access control and customizable server-side
> >   processing.  It is based on Google's BigTable design and is built on
> >   top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.
> >
> > ## Issues:
> >   - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
> >
> > ## Activity:
> >   - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
> >   - There were 4 new contributors added since the last report.
> >   - Community is discussing a 1.9 release instead of going from 1.8 to
> 2.0.
> >   The release of Hadoop 3.0 and how Accumulo will support it started the
> >   discussion.
> >
> > ## Health report:
> >   - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git
> and
> >   JIRA remain constant.
> >
> > ## PMC changes:
> >   - Currently 30 PMC members.
> >   - No new committers added in the last 3 months
> >   - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017
> >
> > ## Committer base changes:
> >   - Currently 30 committers.
> >   - No new committers added in the last 3 months
> >   - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017
> >
> > ## Releases:
> >   - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017
> >
> > ## Mailing list activity:
> >   - Nothing significant in the figures
> >
> > ## JIRA activity:
> >   - 60 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
> >   - 61 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: Draft Board Report for Jan 2018

Michael Wall
All good ideas.

Mike, the Summit was held 16 Oct.  I submitted the last report on 11 Oct
and the board meet on 18 Oct.  The summit was mentioned, but I can mention
it again with a link.  I'll add it.

Mike, I'll mention the tour add a link to the blog article.

Billie, I'll mention the docker repo and say that it is based on the
unreleased Accumulo 2.0 line.

Update coming out shortly.  Thanks for reviewing.

Mike

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 1:29 PM Billie Rinaldi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How about the Accumulo docker image?
>
> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 10:23 AM, Mike Walch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Could mention an Accumulo tour was created for the website
> > https://accumulo.apache.org/tour/
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:38 PM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > The Apache Accumulo PMC decided to draft its quarterly board
> > > reports on the dev list. Here is a draft of our report which is due
> > > by Wednesday, Jan 10. Please let me know if you have any suggestions,
> > > I plan to submit on the 9th.
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > ----------

> > >   - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
> > >   store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system
> that
> > >   features cell-based access control and customizable server-side
> > >   processing.  It is based on Google's BigTable design and is built on
> > >   top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.
> > >
> > > ## Issues:
> > >   - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
> > >
> > > ## Activity:
> > >   - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
> > >   - There were 4 new contributors added since the last report.
> > >   - Community is discussing a 1.9 release instead of going from 1.8 to
> > 2.0.
> > >   The release of Hadoop 3.0 and how Accumulo will support it started
> the
> > >   discussion.
> > >
> > > ## Health report:
> > >   - The project remains healthy.  Activity levels on mailing lists, git
> > and
> > >   JIRA remain constant.
> > >
> > > ## PMC changes:
> > >   - Currently 30 PMC members.
> > >   - No new committers added in the last 3 months
> > >   - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017
> > >
> > > ## Committer base changes:
> > >   - Currently 30 committers.
> > >   - No new committers added in the last 3 months
> > >   - Last committer addition was Ivan Bella at Wed Jul 12 2017
> > >
> > > ## Releases:
> > >   - Last release was 1.7.3 on Sat Mar 25 2017
> > >
> > > ## Mailing list activity:
> > >   - Nothing significant in the figures
> > >
> > > ## JIRA activity:
> > >   - 60 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
> > >   - 61 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months

Re: Draft Board Report for Jan 2018

Michael Wall
Updated Draft
----------
  - The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
  store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that
  features cell-based access control and customizable server-side
  processing.  It is based on Google's BigTable design and is built on
  top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.

## Issues:
  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
  - There were no new releases during the current reporting period.
  - There were 4 new contributors added since the last report.
  - The 4th annual Accumulo Summit was held just after the last report
  was submitted.  The PMC has approved the use of the Apache Accumulo
  trademark. Slides from the talks can be viewed on the summit website.
[1]
  - Apache Accumulo now has a hands-on tour that introduces users to key
  Accumulo concepts by completing a series of programming exercises. [2]
  - Work to support Apache Accumulo in Docker has begun.  It is based on
the unreleased 2.0 line, so you will have to build your your image. [3]

[1]: http://accumulosummit.com/program/schedule/
[2]: http://accumulo.apache.org/blog/2017/12/12/take-the-accumulo-tour.html
[3]: https://github.com/apache/accumulo-docker

------