FYI - 'uno setup accumulo' command does not start up accumulo now but there is a workaround

FYI - 'uno setup accumulo' command does not start up accumulo now but there is a workaround

Jeffrey Zeiberg
This causes the error:
zeiberg@dragonfly:~/github/fluo-uno/install/logs$ grep -rin ERROR setup/
setup/hadoop.out:7:[ERROR] Error occurred at
/home/jzeiberg/github/fluo-uno/bin/impl/run/hadoop.sh:29 command:
"$HADOOP_HOME"/sbin/start-yarn.sh

The temporary workaround is to do :    'accumulo init'   -> enter 'uno'
-> enter 'secret' -> enter 'secret'
then you can 'uno start accumulo' and you can run ingest tests in
accumulo-testing or whatever you want.

Re: FYI - 'uno setup accumulo' command does not start up accumulo now but there is a workaround

Christopher Tubbs-2
Is this using Java 11? Keith had mentioned that he had trouble using
Uno on Java 11, because YARN failed to start. What you're describing
sounds similar.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 4:12 PM Jeffrey Zeiberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This causes the error:
> zeiberg@dragonfly:~/github/fluo-uno/install/logs$ grep -rin ERROR setup/
> setup/hadoop.out:7:[ERROR] Error occurred at
> /home/jzeiberg/github/fluo-uno/bin/impl/run/hadoop.sh:29 command:
> "$HADOOP_HOME"/sbin/start-yarn.sh
>

> The temporary workaround is to do :    'accumulo init'   -> enter 'uno'
> -> enter 'secret' -> enter 'secret'
> then you can 'uno start accumulo' and you can run ingest tests in
> accumulo-testing or whatever you want.

Re: FYI - 'uno setup accumulo' command does not start up accumulo now but there is a workaround

Keebler, Holly I
fyi -  to get the uno instance with accumulo using java 11 you need to update the following script with JAVA_HOME=<java 8 path>

<fluo-uno install dir>/bin/impl/install/hadoop.sh

Note that the hadoop website says that it is not compatible with java 11.

________________________________

The preceding message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. sections 2510-2512, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is confidential, protected by attorney-client or other privilege, or otherwise protected from disclosure by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error and destroy the original message and all copies.

Re: FYI - 'uno setup accumulo' command does not start up accumulo now but there is a workaround

Christopher Tubbs-2
Typically, I set JAVA_HOME outside of the script, inside my ~/.bashrc,
but I think you can also set it in uno's conf/uno.conf file.

It looks like the main problem I see with Java 11, is the missing
javax.activation on the class path. It looks like Hadoop YARN might
need it, but we also need it for the Accumulo monitor's argument
validation stuff. We'll have to include that in the 2.0.0 tarball. For
uno, we'll probably have to put it on the Hadoop class path also, at
least until Hadoop itself gets their tarballs updated to work with
Java 11 out of the box.