Help with PR 1333

David Mollitor
Hello Gang,

I work with a customer that uses Accumulo.  My full-time position is not in
development, so while I'm curious to look into Accumulo a bit, I can't make
substantial contributions at this time.  However, I do enjoy working on
things that I like to call "below the waterline."  Reviewing code,
documentation, and performing small clean-up tasks when and where I can.

With that said, I starting looking at cleaning up code in the LRUCache.
However, it lead me down a bit of a rabbit hole and I discovered that the
LRU cache is deleting more data than it needs to be.  I've addressed that
issue in the same PR.

Is someone able to assist me in review and submission?

https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/1333

Thanks!

Re: Help with PR 1333

Keith Turner
I can take a look at it.

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 9:37 AM David Mollitor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Gang,
>
> I work with a customer that uses Accumulo.  My full-time position is not in
> development, so while I'm curious to look into Accumulo a bit, I can't make
> substantial contributions at this time.  However, I do enjoy working on
> things that I like to call "below the waterline."  Reviewing code,
> documentation, and performing small clean-up tasks when and where I can.
>
> With that said, I starting looking at cleaning up code in the LRUCache.
> However, it lead me down a bit of a rabbit hole and I discovered that the
> LRU cache is deleting more data than it needs to be.  I've addressed that
> issue in the same PR.
>
> Is someone able to assist me in review and submission?
>
> https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/1333
>

> Thanks!

Re: Help with PR 1333

Josh Elser-2
Also, just in case you're feeling this way, any kind of contribution
that you want to put together is helpful, welcome and appreciated.

Please don't feel like you're unable to contribute because you can't get
something "substantial" together. Sometimes it's the smallest or
"silliest" changes that can make the biggest impact.

On 10/16/19 9:37 AM, David Mollitor wrote:

> Hello Gang,
>
> I work with a customer that uses Accumulo.  My full-time position is not in
> development, so while I'm curious to look into Accumulo a bit, I can't make
> substantial contributions at this time.  However, I do enjoy working on
> things that I like to call "below the waterline."  Reviewing code,
> documentation, and performing small clean-up tasks when and where I can.
>
> With that said, I starting looking at cleaning up code in the LRUCache.
> However, it lead me down a bit of a rabbit hole and I discovered that the
> LRU cache is deleting more data than it needs to be.  I've addressed that
> issue in the same PR.
>
> Is someone able to assist me in review and submission?
>
> https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/1333
>

> Thanks!

Re: Help with PR 1333

Christopher Tubbs-2