Quantcast

How do I use scan

Richard DeVita
I have Accumulo version 1.4.3

I wrote a java program to create an accumulo table from a csv file of call data records

columns in csv file are:  callingPhone, calledPhone startTime crd-id
The crd id is unique. there are multiple records for callingPhone and calledPhone

Created a table with :

row ID  = crd-id
family = attribute
qualifiers are  callingPhone,  calledPhone, startTime
value is the  phone number or start time

each line in the cdv file has three records in the accumulo table

I have a java programs that reads the table.   how do I retrieve the records for a specific Phone number?
that is all records where callingPhone = 123 456 7890
and get all three parts ?

Thank You

Re: How do I use scan

William Slacum-2
You could use an indexing strategy such as a term index or a sharded index.
I know there's an example for the sharded index packaged with Accumulo.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Richard DeVita <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have Accumulo version 1.4.3
>
> I wrote a java program to create an accumulo table from a csv file of call
> data records
>
> columns in csv file are:  callingPhone, calledPhone startTime crd-id
> The crd id is unique. there are multiple records for callingPhone and
> calledPhone
>

> Created a table with :
>
> row ID  = crd-id
> family = attribute
> qualifiers are  callingPhone,  calledPhone, startTime
> value is the  phone number or start time
>
> each line in the cdv file has three records in the accumulo table
>
> I have a java programs that reads the table.   how do I retrieve the
> records
> for a specific Phone number?
> that is all records where callingPhone = 123 456 7890
> and get all three parts ?
>
> Thank You

Re: How do I use scan

David Medinets
Are you familiar with the RegExFilter?
http://affy.blogspot.com/2013/03/exampe-using-accumulos-regexfilter-class.htmlhas
an example.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM, William Slacum <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> You could use an indexing strategy such as a term index or a sharded index.
> I know there's an example for the sharded index packaged with Accumulo.
>

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Richard DeVita <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I have Accumulo version 1.4.3
> >
> > I wrote a java program to create an accumulo table from a csv file of
> call
> > data records
> >
> > columns in csv file are:  callingPhone, calledPhone startTime crd-id
> > The crd id is unique. there are multiple records for callingPhone and
> > calledPhone
> >

> > Created a table with :
> >
> > row ID  = crd-id
> > family = attribute
> > qualifiers are  callingPhone,  calledPhone, startTime
> > value is the  phone number or start time
> >
> > each line in the cdv file has three records in the accumulo table
> >
> > I have a java programs that reads the table.   how do I retrieve the
> > records
> > for a specific Phone number?
> > that is all records where callingPhone = 123 456 7890
> > and get all three parts ?
> >
> > Thank You

Re: How do I use scan

Jared winick
Per Bill's suggestion, there is some documentation on common indexing
techniques at
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.5/accumulo_user_manual.html#_indexing.