Quantcast

Is there a means of 'catching' a Connection Timeout

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Is there a means of 'catching' a Connection Timeout

Jeff N
Long store short I'm pulling data from a Postgres database and pushing data structures to a shared queue so that the data structures can be turned into Mutations, but I keep getting Connection Timeouts and I was curious to know if there was a means of catching these timeouts so that if I'm still in the process pushing stuff to the Accumulo Cluster I can have the program continue.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Is there a means of 'catching' a Connection Timeout

Christopher Tubbs-2
Do you have an available stack trace? And, which version of
Accumulo/Hadoop/Zookeeper are you running?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii


On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Mastergeek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Long store short I'm pulling data from a Postgres database and pushing data
> structures to a shared queue so that the data structures can be turned into
> Mutations, but I keep getting Connection Timeouts and I was curious to know
> if there was a means of catching these timeouts so that if I'm still in the
> process pushing stuff to the Accumulo Cluster I can have the program
> continue.
>
>
>
>
>
> -----
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://apache-accumulo.1065345.n5.nabble.com/Is-there-a-means-of-catching-a-Connection-Timeout-tp5112.html
> Sent from the Developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Is there a means of 'catching' a Connection Timeout

Jeff N
This post was updated on .
I'm currently using Accumulo version 1.4.3, Hadoop version 1.2.0, and Zookeeper 3.3.6.

Here's a stack trace of what's going down:

13/08/15 15:00:17 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Client session timed out, have not heard from server in 29577ms for sessionid 0x14073acbb2c687f, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
13/08/15 15:00:18 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to server SERVER
13/08/15 15:00:18 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Socket connection established to SERVER, initiating session
13/08/15 15:00:18 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session establishment complete on server SERVER, sessionid = 0x14073acbb2c687f, negotiated timeout = 40000
13/08/15 15:11:40 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Client session timed out, have not heard from server in 682606ms for sessionid 0x14073acbb2c687f, closing socket connection and attempting reconnect
13/08/15 15:11:41 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to server SERVER
13/08/15 15:11:43 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Socket connection established to SERVER, initiating session
13/08/15 15:11:43 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: EventThread shut down
13/08/15 15:11:43 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Unable to reconnect to ZooKeeper service, session 0x14073acbb2c687f has expired, closing socket connection

I get the EventThread shut down and then my program cannot continue.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Is there a means of 'catching' a Connection Timeout

Keith Turner
Try taking a peek at the zookeeper server logs around that time period.
 Maybe that will have some clues as to why the zookeeper client is losing
its connection.


On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Mastergeek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm currently using Accumulo version 1.4.3, Hadoop version 1.2.0, and
> Zookeeper 3.3.6.
>
> Here's a stack trace of what's going down:
>
> 13/08/15 15:00:17 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Client session timed out, have
> not heard from server in 29577ms for sessionid 0x14073acbb2c687f, closing
> socket connection and attempting reconnect
> 13/08/15 15:00:18 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to
> server SERVER
> 13/08/15 15:00:18 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Socket connection established
> to SERVER, initiating session
> 13/08/15 15:00:18 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session establishment complete
> on server SERVER, sessionid = 0x14073acbb2c687f, negotiated timeout = 40000
> 13/08/15 15:11:40 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Client session timed out, have
> not heard from server in 682606ms for sessionid 0x14073acbb2c687f, closing
> socket connection and attempting reconnect
> 13/08/15 15:11:41 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Opening socket connection to
> server argus-1/192.168.20.100:2181
> 13/08/15 15:11:43 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Socket connection established
> to argus-1/192.168.20.100:2181, initiating session
> 13/08/15 15:11:43 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: EventThread shut down
> 13/08/15 15:11:43 INFO zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Unable to reconnect to
> ZooKeeper service, session 0x14073acbb2c687f has expired, closing socket
> connection
>
> I get the EventThread shut down and then my program cannot continue.
>
>
>
> -----
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://apache-accumulo.1065345.n5.nabble.com/Is-there-a-means-of-catching-a-Connection-Timeout-tp5112p5134.html
> Sent from the Developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
Loading...