New accumulo instance with existed HDFS cluster

Lee

New accumulo instance with existed HDFS cluster

Lee
Hi, all:

I try to install the accumulo cluster with some new linux box, and the HDFS cluster  is ok and will not be replaced.
The new accumulo cluster scale is same, but ip will be changed. So, how to make the new accumulo use data in HDFS?
I think the hostnames must same.  But I have no idea.

 Is it all?

Thanks

Re: New accumulo instance with existed HDFS cluster

Michael Wall
Lee,

Can you give us a little more details about what you are trying to do?  Are you installing Accumulo for the first time or do you have an existing Accumulo that you are trying to use?  What version of Accumulo are you using?

If you are trying to get Accumulo running for the first time with an existing HDFS cluster, you just need to run the 'init' command and a /accumulo directory will be created and used in HDFS.  See http://accumulo.apache.org/1.8/accumulo_user_manual.html#_initialization.  If there is existing data in HDFS, you will need come up with strategy to ingest it into Accumulo.

If you have an existing Accumulo instance that you are trying to upgrade, give us version information and we can point you to the some upgrade info.

Mike

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 5:14 AM Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, all:

I try to install the accumulo cluster with some new linux box, and the HDFS cluster  is ok and will not be replaced.
The new accumulo cluster scale is same, but ip will be changed. So, how to make the new accumulo use data in HDFS?
I think the hostnames must same.  But I have no idea.

 Is it all?

Thanks

Re: New accumulo instance with existed HDFS cluster

Josh Elser
Lee -- it sounds like you want to take the data from an old Accumulo
cluster, install Accumulo on a new set of nodes, and then start the
new instance of Accumulo against the old installation?

If that's the case, this should be very painless. Just make sure that
the old instance is completely shut down before starting up the new
instance. Hostnames nor IPs should matter on your new nodes.
Functionally, Accumulo wouldn't know the difference between you adding
a few new TabletServers or adding N new TabletServers (as you're doing
here).

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lee,
>
> Can you give us a little more details about what you are trying to do?  Are
> you installing Accumulo for the first time or do you have an existing
> Accumulo that you are trying to use?  What version of Accumulo are you
> using?
>
> If you are trying to get Accumulo running for the first time with an
> existing HDFS cluster, you just need to run the 'init' command and a
> /accumulo directory will be created and used in HDFS.  See
> http://accumulo.apache.org/1.8/accumulo_user_manual.html#_initialization.
> If there is existing data in HDFS, you will need come up with strategy to
> ingest it into Accumulo.
>
> If you have an existing Accumulo instance that you are trying to upgrade,
> give us version information and we can point you to the some upgrade info.
>
> Mike
>

> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 5:14 AM Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, all:
>>
>> I try to install the accumulo cluster with some new linux box, and the
>> HDFS cluster  is ok and will not be replaced.
>> The new accumulo cluster scale is same, but ip will be changed. So, how to
>> make the new accumulo use data in HDFS?
>> I think the hostnames must same.  But I have no idea.
>>
>>  Is it all?
>>
>> Thanks

Lee

Re:Re: New accumulo instance with existed HDFS cluster

Lee
Hi, Josh:
Sorry for my poor English.  It's just the same case you assumed -- I will reinstall the Accumulo.

Your reply really solved my problem. I will try it later.
 Thanks

At 2017-04-05 22:50:28, "Josh Elser" <[hidden email]> wrote: >Lee -- it sounds like you want to take the data from an old Accumulo >cluster, install Accumulo on a new set of nodes, and then start the >new instance of Accumulo against the old installation? > >If that's the case, this should be very painless. Just make sure that >the old instance is completely shut down before starting up the new >instance. Hostnames nor IPs should matter on your new nodes. >Functionally, Accumulo wouldn't know the difference between you adding >a few new TabletServers or adding N new TabletServers (as you're doing >here). > >On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 8:56 AM, Michael Wall <[hidden email]> wrote: >> Lee, >> >> Can you give us a little more details about what you are trying to do? Are >> you installing Accumulo for the first time or do you have an existing >> Accumulo that you are trying to use? What version of Accumulo are you >> using? >> >> If you are trying to get Accumulo running for the first time with an >> existing HDFS cluster, you just need to run the 'init' command and a >> /accumulo directory will be created and used in HDFS. See >> http://accumulo.apache.org/1.8/accumulo_user_manual.html#_initialization. >> If there is existing data in HDFS, you will need come up with strategy to >> ingest it into Accumulo. >> >> If you have an existing Accumulo instance that you are trying to upgrade, >> give us version information and we can point you to the some upgrade info. >> >> Mike >> >> >> >> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 5:14 AM Lee <[hidden email]> wrote: >>> >>> Hi, all: >>> >>> I try to install the accumulo cluster with some new linux box, and the >>> HDFS cluster is ok and will not be replaced. >>> The new accumulo cluster scale is same, but ip will be changed. So, how to >>> make the new accumulo use data in HDFS? >>> I think the hostnames must same. But I have no idea. >>> >>> Is it all? >>> >>> Thanks >>> >>> >>> >>> >>>

Re: New accumulo instance with existed HDFS cluster

Josh Elser
No worries! Email makes it hard as well :)