New committer/PMC member: Holly Keebler

Christopher Tubbs-2
Devs,

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Accumulo
has invited Holly Keebler to become a committer and we are pleased
to announce that she has accepted.

Holly started with contributions fixing some smaller issues, like
removing a premature "Master is down" message from the monitor during
startup, and making use of NewTableConfiguration in some ITs, to
improve the quality of the tests for the 2.0.0 release. Not only has
she continued making changes to fix smaller issues like those, but has
since also moved on to significantly more complicated issues helping
refactor the metadata internals for future Accumulo 2.1.x releases.

Being a committer comes with write access to the Accumulo
repositories, to accept code changes and merges from other
contributors, and to merge their own contributions more easily. This
should enable better productivity.
Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
direction of the project, such as binding votes for releases.

Please join me in welcoming Holly!

Re: New committer/PMC member: Holly Keebler

Keith Turner
Welcome Holly!

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 3:21 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Devs,
>
> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Accumulo
> has invited Holly Keebler to become a committer and we are pleased
> to announce that she has accepted.
>
> Holly started with contributions fixing some smaller issues, like
> removing a premature "Master is down" message from the monitor during
> startup, and making use of NewTableConfiguration in some ITs, to
> improve the quality of the tests for the 2.0.0 release. Not only has
> she continued making changes to fix smaller issues like those, but has
> since also moved on to significantly more complicated issues helping
> refactor the metadata internals for future Accumulo 2.1.x releases.
>
> Being a committer comes with write access to the Accumulo
> repositories, to accept code changes and merges from other
> contributors, and to merge their own contributions more easily. This
> should enable better productivity.
> Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
> direction of the project, such as binding votes for releases.
>
> Please join me in welcoming Holly!

Re: New committer/PMC member: Holly Keebler

Jeffrey Manno
Congrats Holly! Welcome!

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019, 3:48 PM Keith Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Welcome Holly!
>
> On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 3:21 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Devs,
> >
> > The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Accumulo
> > has invited Holly Keebler to become a committer and we are pleased
> > to announce that she has accepted.
> >
> > Holly started with contributions fixing some smaller issues, like
> > removing a premature "Master is down" message from the monitor during
> > startup, and making use of NewTableConfiguration in some ITs, to
> > improve the quality of the tests for the 2.0.0 release. Not only has
> > she continued making changes to fix smaller issues like those, but has
> > since also moved on to significantly more complicated issues helping
> > refactor the metadata internals for future Accumulo 2.1.x releases.
> >
> > Being a committer comes with write access to the Accumulo
> > repositories, to accept code changes and merges from other
> > contributors, and to merge their own contributions more easily. This
> > should enable better productivity.
> > Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
> > direction of the project, such as binding votes for releases.
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming Holly!

RE: New committer/PMC member: Holly Keebler

Owens, Mark
Welcome, Holly!

Please join me in welcoming Holly!

Re: New committer/PMC member: Holly Keebler

Jeffrey Zeiberg
Congrats Holly.

Well deserved.

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 3:21 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Devs,
>
> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Accumulo
> has invited Holly Keebler to become a committer and we are pleased
> to announce that she has accepted.
>
> Holly started with contributions fixing some smaller issues, like
> removing a premature "Master is down" message from the monitor during
> startup, and making use of NewTableConfiguration in some ITs, to
> improve the quality of the tests for the 2.0.0 release. Not only has
> she continued making changes to fix smaller issues like those, but has
> since also moved on to significantly more complicated issues helping
> refactor the metadata internals for future Accumulo 2.1.x releases.
>
> Being a committer comes with write access to the Accumulo
> repositories, to accept code changes and merges from other
> contributors, and to merge their own contributions more easily. This
> should enable better productivity.
> Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
> direction of the project, such as binding votes for releases.
>
> Please join me in welcoming Holly!

Re: New committer/PMC member: Holly Keebler

Laura Schanno
Congratulations Holly!

Laura

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019, 4:28 PM Jeffrey Zeiberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats Holly.
>
> Well deserved.
>

> On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 3:21 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Devs,
> >
> > The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Accumulo
> > has invited Holly Keebler to become a committer and we are pleased
> > to announce that she has accepted.
> >
> > Holly started with contributions fixing some smaller issues, like
> > removing a premature "Master is down" message from the monitor during
> > startup, and making use of NewTableConfiguration in some ITs, to
> > improve the quality of the tests for the 2.0.0 release. Not only has
> > she continued making changes to fix smaller issues like those, but has
> > since also moved on to significantly more complicated issues helping
> > refactor the metadata internals for future Accumulo 2.1.x releases.
> >
> > Being a committer comes with write access to the Accumulo
> > repositories, to accept code changes and merges from other
> > contributors, and to merge their own contributions more easily. This
> > should enable better productivity.
> > Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
> > direction of the project, such as binding votes for releases.
> >
> > Please join me in welcoming Holly!

Re: New committer/PMC member: Holly Keebler

Michael Wall-2
On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 5:17 PM Laura Schanno <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congratulations Holly!
>
> Laura
>
> On Fri, Aug 9, 2019, 4:28 PM Jeffrey Zeiberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Congrats Holly.
> >
> > Well deserved.
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 3:21 PM Christopher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Devs,
> > >
> > > The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache Accumulo
> > > has invited Holly Keebler to become a committer and we are pleased
> > > to announce that she has accepted.
> > >
> > > Holly started with contributions fixing some smaller issues, like
> > > removing a premature "Master is down" message from the monitor during
> > > startup, and making use of NewTableConfiguration in some ITs, to
> > > improve the quality of the tests for the 2.0.0 release. Not only has
> > > she continued making changes to fix smaller issues like those, but has
> > > since also moved on to significantly more complicated issues helping
> > > refactor the metadata internals for future Accumulo 2.1.x releases.
> > >
> > > Being a committer comes with write access to the Accumulo
> > > repositories, to accept code changes and merges from other
> > > contributors, and to merge their own contributions more easily. This
> > > should enable better productivity.
> > > Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
> > > direction of the project, such as binding votes for releases.
> > >
> > > Please join me in welcoming Holly!

Congrats Holly and welcome.  Feel free to introduce yourself and your
interests with this new role.

Re: New committer/PMC member: Holly Keebler

Billie Rinaldi
Welcome, Holly!