Number of entries

Mauro Schneider
Hello

How to find out a number of entries of table with a ton of data in the
Accumulo ?

Mauro Schneider

Re: Number of entries

Josh Elser-2
Hi Marcus,

Via what means?

This information is present on the Accumulo Monitor UI already, lagging
only by a compaction happening on relevant Tablets. You can easily look
at this data for just about any installation.

If via code, I don't believe there is public API (stable) for requesting
the table sizes, but the Monitor pulls this data from the
accumulo:metadata table. You could do the same. The accumulo:metadata
table has a reference to each file contained by a table, and with it the
number of entries in that file. It's a simple calculation to compute the
number of entries for a table once you can extract the number of entries
for a single tablet.

On 6/4/18 11:48 AM, Mauro Schneider wrote:

> Hello
>
> How to find out a number of entries of table with a ton of data in the
> Accumulo ?
>

> Mauro Schneider

Re: Number of entries

Mauro Schneider
Hi Josh

Thanks for the answer.  Maybe the accumulo:metadata will help me.

Mauro Schneider