- The Apache Accumulo sorted, distributed key/value
store is a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that
features cell-based access control and customizable server-side
processing. It is based on Google's BigTable design and is built on
top of Apache Hadoop, Zookeeper, and Thrift.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- There was 1 new release, Accumulo 1.7.4, since the last report. 
- There were 4 new committers since the last report. All committers
are also PMC members.
- The PMC decided to switch to using github issue for the project
and all subprojects. 
- The PMC decided to drop support for Hadoop 2 in the Accumulo 2.0.
- A contributor requested permission to use the Accumulo logo on
t-shirts and/or stickers to promote projects he uses. VP Brand
Management and the PMC had no objections.
- PMC is working on a 1.9.0 release.
## Health report:
- The project remains healthy. Activity levels on mailing lists, git
and JIRA remain constant.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 34 PMC members.
- New PMC members:
- Adam J. Shook was added to the PMC on Wed Jan 24 2018
- Mark Owens was added to the PMC on Tue Mar 20 2018
- Luis Tavarez was added to the PMC on Tue Mar 20 2018
- Nick Felts was added to the PMC on Thu Mar 22 2018
## Committer base changes:
- See PMC changes, all committers are PMC members currently.
- accumulo-1.7.4 was released on Thu Mar 22 2018
## Mailing list activity:
- Nothing significant in the figures
## JIRA activity:
- 65 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 101 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months