Skip trash on delete

Adam J. Shook
Hello all,

Has there ever been discussion of having the Garbage Collector skip the HDFS trash when deleting WALs and old RFiles as a configurable feature (assuming it isn't already -- I couldn't find it)?  Outside of the risks involved in having the files immediately deleted, what'd be the negatives of supporting this kind of feature?  Is this something we'd be interested in supporting?

Thanks,
--Adam

Re: Skip trash on delete

Marc P.
Adam,
  Take a look at this archive [1], which discusses the gc.trash.ignore flag.