Use of Flush Table Operation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Use of Flush Table Operation

Mike Miller-2
Quick Survey:

Does your project use the flush Table Operation in Accumulo? I am looking
into changing the default behavior of the deprecated flush method[1] and
was wondering if and how it is currently being used.

Any response would be helpful.  Thanks!

[1]
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/admin/TableOperations.java#L471
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Use of Flush Table Operation

Josh Elser
Can you give some more context?

Strikes me as strange to be wanting to change a method which we want to
remove (being deprecated).

On 4/23/18 6:05 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

> Quick Survey:
>
> Does your project use the flush Table Operation in Accumulo? I am looking
> into changing the default behavior of the deprecated flush method[1] and
> was wondering if and how it is currently being used.
>
> Any response would be helpful.  Thanks!
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/master/core/src/main/java/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/admin/TableOperations.java#L471
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Use of Flush Table Operation

Mike Miller-2
I have a pull request open [1] to remove the deprecated tag since it seems
like a useful method and it simply calls another method.  Then it came up
in the feedback that maybe we should change the behavior.



On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 6:12 PM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can you give some more context?
>
> Strikes me as strange to be wanting to change a method which we want to
> remove (being deprecated).
>
>
> On 4/23/18 6:05 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
>
>> Quick Survey:
>>
>> Does your project use the flush Table Operation in Accumulo? I am looking
>> into changing the default behavior of the deprecated flush method[1] and
>> was wondering if and how it is currently being used.
>>
>> Any response would be helpful.  Thanks!
>>
>> [1]
>> https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/master/core/src/main
>> /java/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/admin/TableOperations.java#L471
>>
>>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Use of Flush Table Operation

Mike Miller-2
[1] https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/437


On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 6:19 PM, Mike Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a pull request open [1] to remove the deprecated tag since it seems
> like a useful method and it simply calls another method.  Then it came up
> in the feedback that maybe we should change the behavior.
>
>
>
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 6:12 PM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Can you give some more context?
>>
>> Strikes me as strange to be wanting to change a method which we want to
>> remove (being deprecated).
>>
>>
>> On 4/23/18 6:05 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
>>
>>> Quick Survey:
>>>
>>> Does your project use the flush Table Operation in Accumulo? I am looking
>>> into changing the default behavior of the deprecated flush method[1] and
>>> was wondering if and how it is currently being used.
>>>
>>> Any response would be helpful.  Thanks!
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://github.com/apache/accumulo/blob/master/core/src/main
>>> /java/org/apache/accumulo/core/client/admin/TableOperations.java#L471
>>>
>>>
>