[VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

Eric Newton
Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
version 1.4.1.

The src tar ball was generated by exporting :
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1

To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command :
 src/assemble/build.sh

Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
 http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.1rc1

Maven Staged Repository:
 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288

Keys:
 http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS

Changes:
 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1/CHANGES

The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.

-Eric

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

William Slacum-2
+1

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Eric Newton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
> version 1.4.1.
>
> The src tar ball was generated by exporting :
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1
>
> To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command :
>  src/assemble/build.sh
>
> Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
>  http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.1rc1
>
> Maven Staged Repository:
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288
>
> Keys:
>  http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
>
> Changes:
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1/CHANGES
>
> The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.
>
> -Eric

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

Marc Parisi
+1 as well. Can't disagree with wilhelm.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM, William Slacum <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Eric Newton <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
> > version 1.4.1.
> >
> > The src tar ball was generated by exporting :
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1
> >
> > To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command :
> >  src/assemble/build.sh
> >
> > Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
> >  http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.1rc1
> >
> > Maven Staged Repository:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288
> >
> > Keys:
> >  http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
> >
> > Changes:
> >  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1/CHANGES
> >
> > The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.
> >
> > -Eric

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

John Vines
I would like to get the debs and rpms rolled into this release. I don't
know if we can tack them on or if we will have to do another, since these
are just a byproduct of your tar.gz.

John

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Marc Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 as well. Can't disagree with wilhelm.
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM, William Slacum <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Eric Newton <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
> > > version 1.4.1.
> > >
> > > The src tar ball was generated by exporting :
> > > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1
> > >
> > > To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command :
> > >  src/assemble/build.sh
> > >
> > > Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
> > >  http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.1rc1
> > >
> > > Maven Staged Repository:
> > >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288
> > >
> > > Keys:
> > >  http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
> > >
> > > Changes:
> > >  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1/CHANGES
> > >
> > > The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.
> > >
> > > -Eric

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

Marc Parisi
I would like to see this as well. I assume you guys plan on configuring
hadoop and zookeeper as dependencies so package managers can grab them.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM, John Vines <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to get the debs and rpms rolled into this release. I don't
> know if we can tack them on or if we will have to do another, since these
> are just a byproduct of your tar.gz.
>
> John
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Marc Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1 as well. Can't disagree with wilhelm.
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM, William Slacum <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > +1

> :

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

John Vines
The debs are configured to pull the appropriate versions of zookeeper and
hadoop, however they currently don't do the configuration.

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:14 PM, Marc Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to see this as well. I assume you guys plan on configuring
> hadoop and zookeeper as dependencies so package managers can grab them.
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM, John Vines <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I would like to get the debs and rpms rolled into this release. I don't
> > know if we can tack them on or if we will have to do another, since these
> > are just a byproduct of your tar.gz.
> >
> > John
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Marc Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > +1 as well. Can't disagree with wilhelm.

> command
> > :

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

Eric Newton
It is a major goal of releasing these packages is to get the community
to tell us all the things we're doing incorrectly.

I'll upload them in a little bit; I won't be calling a new vote.

When you vote, please indicate the inspection you did so we can avoid
duplication of effort.

-Eric

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Marc Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to see this as well. I assume you guys plan on configuring
> hadoop and zookeeper as dependencies so package managers can grab them.
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM, John Vines <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I would like to get the debs and rpms rolled into this release. I don't
>> know if we can tack them on or if we will have to do another, since these
>> are just a byproduct of your tar.gz.
>>
>> John
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Marc Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > +1 as well. Can't disagree with wilhelm.

>> :

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

Eric Newton
All build artifacts are now available for testing.

-Eric

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Eric Newton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is a major goal of releasing these packages is to get the community
> to tell us all the things we're doing incorrectly.
>
> I'll upload them in a little bit; I won't be calling a new vote.
>
> When you vote, please indicate the inspection you did so we can avoid
> duplication of effort.
>
> -Eric
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Marc Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I would like to see this as well. I assume you guys plan on configuring
>> hadoop and zookeeper as dependencies so package managers can grab them.
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM, John Vines <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to get the debs and rpms rolled into this release. I don't
>>> know if we can tack them on or if we will have to do another, since these
>>> are just a byproduct of your tar.gz.
>>>
>>> John

>>> :

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

Adam Fuchs
+1

Tested signature, sums, and basic functionality of
accumulo-1.4.1-dist.tar.gz.

Adam

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Eric Newton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is a major goal of releasing these packages is to get the community
> to tell us all the things we're doing incorrectly.
>
> I'll upload them in a little bit; I won't be calling a new vote.
>
> When you vote, please indicate the inspection you did so we can avoid
> duplication of effort.
>
> -Eric
>
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Marc Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I would like to see this as well. I assume you guys plan on configuring
> > hadoop and zookeeper as dependencies so package managers can grab them.
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM, John Vines <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to get the debs and rpms rolled into this release. I don't
> >> know if we can tack them on or if we will have to do another, since
> these
> >> are just a byproduct of your tar.gz.
> >>
> >> John

> [hidden email]>

> Accumulo

> command
> >> :

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

Billie J Rinaldi
+1 to release

checksums and signatures ok
file missing from dist tarball: conf/accumulo.policy.example
licenses ok
builds ok
functional tests ok

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
> version 1.4.1.
>
> The src tar ball was generated by exporting :
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1
>
> To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command :
> src/assemble/build.sh
>
> Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
> http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.1rc1
>
> Maven Staged Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288
>
> Keys:
> http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
>
> Changes:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1/CHANGES
>
> The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.
>
> -Eric

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

+1

 * sig and checksums ok
 * documentation ok
 * native libs ok
 * dist unpacks and runs

Is the example policy supposed to be in 1.4.1?

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Eric Newton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
> version 1.4.1.
>
> The src tar ball was generated by exporting :
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1
>
> To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command :
>  src/assemble/build.sh
>
> Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
>  http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.1rc1
>
> Maven Staged Repository:
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288
>
> Keys:
>  http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
>
> Changes:
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1/CHANGES
>
> The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.
>
> -Eric

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

Keith Turner
On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:27 AM, Keith Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> +1
>
>  * sig and checksums ok
>  * documentation ok
>  * native libs ok
>  * dist unpacks and runs
>
> Is the example policy supposed to be in 1.4.1?

To answer my own question.  ACCUMULO-364 was marked as fixed for 1.4.1
and therefore showed up in CHANGES in 1.4.1rc1, but that change is not
actually in 1.4.1.  So according to CHANGES its supposed to be there.
So we have a discrepancy in the release notes.

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 1:36 PM, Eric Newton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
>> version 1.4.1.
>>
>> The src tar ball was generated by exporting :
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1
>>
>> To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command :
>>  src/assemble/build.sh
>>
>> Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.1rc1
>>
>> Maven Staged Repository:
>>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-288
>>
>> Keys:
>>  http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
>>
>> Changes:
>>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.1rc1/CHANGES
>>
>> The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.
>>
>> -Eric

Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.1 RC1

Eric Newton
VOTE passes with +6.

I have updated ACCUMULO-364 to be fixed in 1.4.2.  Good catch.

The final tag has been created, the maven repository has been
released. Everything else should propagate to the mirrors soon.  I'll
update the web pages when the mirrors have copies.

-Eric