Would like to contribute

Bukros Szabolcs
Accumulo Devs,

I would like to contribute to this project. Could you please add me (bszabolcs)
to the project on the apache jira?
As an intro ticket I wold like to pick up ACCUMULO-3455
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3455>.

Thanks and Regards,
Szabolcs

--
*Szabolcs Bukros* | Senior Software Engineer
e. [hidden email]
<https://www.cloudera.com/>
------------------------------

Re: Would like to contribute

Mike Miller-2
Hi Szabolcs, thanks for your interest.  We have moved to Github Issues and
only use JIRA as an archive.  If you would like to work on something, feel
free to open a GitHub issue with a comment you are working on this task.
You can just make it a link to the JIRA issue.
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/issues

On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 7:04 AM Bukros Szabolcs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Accumulo Devs,
>
> I would like to contribute to this project. Could you please add me
> (bszabolcs)
> to the project on the apache jira?
> As an intro ticket I wold like to pick up ACCUMULO-3455
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-3455>.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Szabolcs
>
> --
> *Szabolcs Bukros* | Senior Software Engineer
> e. [hidden email]
> cloudera.com <https://www.cloudera.com>
> [image: Cloudera] <https://www.cloudera.com/>
> [image: Cloudera on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/cloudera> [image:
> Cloudera on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/cloudera> [image: Cloudera
> on LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/cloudera>
> <https://www.cloudera.com/>
> ------------------------------

Re: Would like to contribute

Hello and welcome!

We now use GitHub issues and pull requests
(https://github.com/apache/accumulo/issues) instead of JIRA.

However, JIRA still contains a backlog of about 600 issues, some of
which may not be valid any longer. Rather than bulk move these issues
to GitHub, we are closing them on a case-by-case basis as a
"duplicate" of GitHub issues or pull requests when it appears on
GitHub.

So, if there is a JIRA issue you'd like to work on, please feel free
to create a new GitHub issue or pull request to address the issue
described in the JIRA, mentioning the JIRA issue number in the
comments somewhere, and we will close the JIRA issue as a duplicate of
the issue or pull request you create. In many cases, a pull request
only is sufficient, because pull requests are also considered issues
on GitHub, and creating another issue would be redundant. However, in
some cases, it may be desirable to create a tracking issue to replace
the JIRA issue, to identify and discuss the work, and then later
submit one or more pull requests referencing that issue. For
ACCUMULO-3455, a PR is probably sufficient.

Again, welcome to the project! We look forward to your contributions!

Christopher