~delhdfs entries in metadata table [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

~delhdfs entries in metadata table [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Dickson, Matt MR

UNOFFICIAL

Hi,

I have in excess of 500K entries in the metadata table that look like:

~delhdfs: //root-<name>/accumulo/tables/<id>/...rf : []

Is this number of records normal?

I'm concerned that these are all hosted on a single tablet so wanted to either split the tablet or know if it is safe to delete these?

Thanks in advance.
Matt

Re: ~delhdfs entries in metadata table [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Christopher Tubbs-2
The tablet will split if it gets too big. You can manually add a split point if you want it to split sooner.

These entries should go away on their own if the accumulo-gc service is running. If it has died, you should check the logs to find out why, and then restart it when you can. If the accumulo-gc service is running but the files aren't going away, you should check the logs to determine why.

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 12:23 AM Dickson, Matt MR <[hidden email]> wrote:

UNOFFICIAL

Hi,

I have in excess of 500K entries in the metadata table that look like:

~delhdfs: //root-<name>/accumulo/tables/<id>/...rf : []

Is this number of records normal?

I'm concerned that these are all hosted on a single tablet so wanted to either split the tablet or know if it is safe to delete these?

Thanks in advance.
Matt

Re: ~delhdfs entries in metadata table [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 12:22 AM, Dickson, Matt MR
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> UNOFFICIAL
>
> Hi,
>
> I have in excess of 500K entries in the metadata table that look like:
>
> ~delhdfs: //root-<name>/accumulo/tables/<id>/...rf : []
>
> Is this number of records normal?
>
> I'm concerned that these are all hosted on a single tablet so wanted to
> either split the tablet or know if it is safe to delete these?

Would not recommend deleting, because could prevent accumulo GC from
cleaning up unused files in HDFS.